Cultural Mentor – Journey to Empowerment Program
- Influence, shape and deliver an inspirational and empowering Aboriginal program that will change people’s lives
- Work for an organisation focused on making a difference to the lives of Aboriginal people in the East Kimberley
- Attractive salary with not-for-profit salary packaging benefits available
This position relates to Section 50 (d) of the West Australian Equal Employment Opportunity Act 1984, where Aboriginality is considered a genuine occupational qualification for this position
Wunan Foundation is a 100% Indigenous owned not-for-profit organisation, with a head office in Kununurra. Wunan’s purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people in the Kimberley enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices leading to independent and fulfilling lives; essentially, to have dreams and a real chance of achieving them.
About the role
How often do you get an opportunity to significantly impact someone’s life? What if you could make a true difference to to lives of Aboriginal people in the East Kimberley?
The Journey to Empowerment Program(J2E) is a 12 month trial working with 30 local Aboriginal people and their families to empower them to lead the change they want and need to make in their own lives.
J2E will also embed social and economic change more broadly across the local Aboriginal population, ultimately weakening and then breaking the cycle of intergenerational dysfunction.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide cultural support, mentoring and inspiration required for participants to make the journey to empowerment
Key skills and experience
There are a few things key things that we’ll look for:
- That you have energy, optimism, and an ability to connect with the participants and build strong, trusting relationships
- Experience working in community and leading a team
- A strong understanding of Indigenous people in general, and of Indigenous people and communities in the East Kimberley in particular
Full details of the role, skills and experience is available in the Position Description
Further Information and how to apply
Additional details, including the Position Description can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
Applications including application letter, CV and response to role requirements can be submitted through the jobs platform you are viewing this on, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For a copy of the Position Description please contact email@example.com
Applications close 8th July 2022
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.