Burraluba Hostel Weekend Casual Staff (Halls Creek)
• Opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading Indigenous organisations
• Live and work in t8he amazing Kimberley region
• Access to generous salary packaging benefits
Wunan Foundation is a leading Aboriginal development organisation based in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. Its purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices that lead to independent, fulfilling lives.
Wunan delivers the Burraluba Yura Ngurra Hostel, Employment & Education Housing (EEH) facility in Halls Creek and we are seeking casual staff pool for weekend work. Weekend relief workers will be employed on a casual basis and require to work every third weekend. Each shift will start Friday at 4pm and finish Sunday at 4pm.
The roles and responsibilities include:
• General cleaning duties to keep hostel clean and tidy for residents
• Make rooms ready for new tenets
• Complete property inspections with residents
• Watch premises to protect property and residents
• Answer calls and take messages
• Ability to carry out cleaning and gardening tasks as required
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in and ability to work effectively with Aboriginal people
• Ability to supervise staff
• Drivers Licence
• Working with Children
• Current National Police Clearance
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about this role, please contact Kristy Brittain – Accommodations Manager on 0402 2464 98.
Please apply via email to email@example.com including in your application a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and at least two referees (ideally including most recent supervisor).