Burraluba Hostel Support Worker (Halls Creek)
Opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading Indigenous organisations
• Live and work in the amazing Kimberley region
• Access to generous salary packaging benefits
Wunan Foundation is a leading Aboriginal development organisation based in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. Its purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices that lead to independent, fulfilling lives.
Wunan delivers the Burraluba Yura Ngurra Hostel, Employment & Education Housing (EEH) facility in Halls Creek and we are seeking a support worker to provide support to hostel coordinator to manage the accommodation facility. Responsible for developing each residents participation/support plan by one on one catch-ups and monthly workshops. Providing advocacy and support to each resident as required.
The right person will have a positive attitude, communication and organisation skills plus committed to empowering Aboriginal community members to access the resources and support they need to enjoy quality of life.
Key duties for Burraluba Hostel:
• Developing and reviewing Program Participation Plans
• Assisting residents to access appropriate health, family, education, training and employment services
• Deliver quarterly BBQ’s for residents
• Assisting and participating in the wide range of admin tasks
• Ability to use spreadsheets and word processing computer programmes together and record information, and the ability to use Microsoft Outlook for emails, scheduling and tasks
• Experience and ability to work effectively with Aboriginal people
• Ability to work collaboratively with local community and other services providers
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively unsupervised and within a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Drivers Licence
• Working with Children
• Current National Police Clearance
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about this role, please contact Kristy Brittain – Accommodations Manager on 0402 246498
Please apply via email to email@example.com including in your application a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and at least two referees (ideally including most recent supervisor).