Chief Financial Officer
Exceptional senior finance opportunity to drive long-term socio- economic change for Aboriginal people.
- Live in the beautiful East Kimberley region
- Use your skills to develop robust financial management and build the financial capability of our team
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging benefits
Wunan Foundation (Wunan) is an Aboriginal development organisation in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia. Wunan operates with a clear purpose and strategy to drive long-term socio- economic change for Aboriginal people by providing real opportunities, investing in people’s abilities, and by encouraging and rewarding aspiration and self-responsibility. Wunan’s efforts are guided by the philosophy that Aboriginal success grows from investing in people’s ability, real opportunity, and reward for effort. They have a strong philosophy of social economic empowerment, as reflected in the range of social enterprises they operate.
The organisation’s revenue comes primarily from social programs, social enterprises, and investments. Increasingly, Wunan is building a strong revenue stream from social enterprises including a medical centre, resort and specialised accounting services. Wunan’s support services are focused on leadership, education, employment, housing and health are underpinned by a strong welfare reform agenda.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CEO, the role will lead the finance team and ensure appropriate standards of financial management are maintained across the organisation and its subsidiaries.
This includes the provision of monthly finance reports, board financial reports, annual budgets, program and grant acquittals, and the development of financial modelling and budgets for new and emerging strategic initiatives.
The role will also play a crucial role in the development of financial acumen across the organisation.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Qualified Accountant from one of the recognised Accountancy bodies
• A demonstrated commitment to the core mission of Wunan
• At least 8 years’ experience in accounting and finance roles with preferably 3 years in a similar leadership role
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information effectively
• A strong attention to detail
• Well-developed customer service skills including the ability to prioritise competing demands in consultation with stakeholders
• Sound knowledge of the dynamics of complex organisations including knowledge of contemporary management principles and practices, change management processes and statutory, legal and contractual obligations
• Experience in financial acquittals
• A sound knowledge of computer based financial systems in a multi-dimensional entity
• A thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, relevant Australian Accounting and International Financial Reporting Standards
• Ability to keep calm in the face of pressure, while keeping operations smooth and efficient.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
Additional details, including the position description can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications including application letter, CV and response to role requirements can be submitted through the jobs platform you are viewing this on, or by emailing email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 20th June 2022.
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Apply via SEEK