Collaborative approach to Draft Regional Children’s Services Plan
1 October 2014
The Regional Children’s Services Plan is a project, funded by Royalties for Regions under the Regional Community Child Care Development Fund.
It is an acknowledgement by Government of the challenges faced by organisations that provide education and care services for children in country areas including the impact of distance, isolation, limited funding and the reliance on community based management committees to manage these services.
Over the past six months Wunan have undertaken critical analysis and extensive consultation identifying the specific regional trends for the sector across the Kimberley. Working closely with the Regions Children’s Services Wunan has supported the identification of five key strategic goals. These include:
- Develop a regional workforce strategy to address the shortage of staff across the Early Childhood Education and Care sector.
- Establish and support a regional governance group to drive strategies that address issues specifically impacting on the Early Education and Care Sector across the Kimberley.
- Increase collaboration and networking across the children’s services sector by supporting early years networks.
- Provide increased access to flexible and innovative education and training for the Children’s Services sector.
- Improve access to shared resources and standard templates to bring alignment across the whole Children’s Services sector in the Kimberley.
Over the next twelve months Wunan will continue to collaborate with services to work through critical actions planned to progress these strategic goals.
If you would like any further details on the plan please contact Candace Maunder, Regional Development Officer on 0458650002